Volunteering at The Hive
Volunteers are central to the work we do at The Hive.
It is their passion and never-ending support that allows us to provide the services that we offer!
We are currently looking for volunteers for our Saturday sessions and for our gardening sessions on a Tuesday and a Thursday
Interested in volunteering?
"I enjoy helping at The Hive. Everyone is very happy, and they are always pleased to see you, which makes it all worthwhile. Long may it continue to be a safe and happy place."
Based in Kingswood, our drop-in volunteers assist in providing a range of activities for members to be involved in. Each session is 2-4 hours long and provides a safe space for our members to socialise and engage with various activities. On hand we have a pool table, sensory room, games room, Wii, and an arts and crafts room.
- support individuals to access activities
- help facilitate arts and crafts, quizzes, bingo and/or other games and activities
- encourage independence and social skills amongst members
- assist in the provision of refreshments
We run gardening sessions on a Tuesday morning and a Thursday afternoon. If you enjoy gardening, and like being outdoors, why not come along to support our service users in the garden in Kingswood. Each session is planned by a member of staff who is always present to run the session.
Training Support Volunteer
We are on the lookout for Training Support Volunteers to assist our Impact Project Manager, Dominic Box, in planning and running a wide range of life-skills workshops and/or acting as support to the individuals attending such events. More information about our Impact Projects can be found here.
- Facilitate/assist in the facilitation of workshops
- Manage workshop activities, games, and discussions on a one-to-one or group basis
- support individuals to ensure training is fully accessible
- help to set up and clear up the sessions
- make/serve refreshments at the break